Building Our Community
Chester County Journal has created a new online community that we hope will help people discover the diverse community of people living in Chester County.
The Chester County Journal Community is a place where everyone can be social and share their opinions. As both an organization that cares about diversity of thought and a platform that fosters a vibrant community, we are committed to providing a safe online environment. The integrity of our platform is paramount and we are committed to operating it in a safe, secure, legal and respectful manner.
We may not always agree with every view or opinion expressed in every posting, but we strongly believe in the fundamental right to free speech. To help you understand what is acceptable on Chester County Journal and what is unsuitable, we created the following Community Guidelines:
- Express yourself and inspire our community with your unique perspective and insight.
- Treat your fellow members with respect.
- Abide by all community rules.
- Maintain accountability for your postings.
- Represent the community positively.
- Participate to the fullest extent your off-screen world permits.
- Respect the copyright of others. Offer courtesy to other members, sites or sources when re-posting someone else’s ideas or comments by acknowledging where you information came from by giving the other person or site credit where credit is due.
- You are welcome to use content in your posting that you’ve created yourself, or procured appropriately, provided that it is not hateful or explicit in nature, or otherwise in violation of these Guidelines. This includes photos, videos, logos, and text.
- Agree to disagree from time to time.
- Leave the site in better shape than when you got here by contributing your thoughts, ideas, or support for other members.
- Talking politics is acceptable – but with respect!
You may not use Chester County Journal to post content or engage in any conduct that is offensive, harmful, or inappropriate for general audiences, or that we believe constitutes or is likely to encourage or promote any harmful, violent, or illegal activity or outcome. Below, you will find more information about the types of content that is not permitted on or through the Chester County Journal website(s).
We do not permit on our platform content or organizations that promote or encourage hate, violence, or harassment towards others and/or oneself. Specifically, we prohibit content or organizations that promote hate towards or the harassment of individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Be thoughtful and careful about the kind of information you ask for. You may not use Chester County Journal to collect credit card numbers, social security numbers, financial information, or other sensitive information. No political campaigning!
We strongly believe politics is an integral part of our society; however, we will not allow political campaigning of any sort. Political candidates will be allowed to introduce themselves, note the elected position they are running for; but they and all members of this community are forbidden from posting any sort of agenda deemed to be “political campaigning.” This is to include any and all text, photos, images and video content.
Our Community may not be used to facilitate harmful or criminal activity of any kind. You may not add any content on the Chester County Journal website(s) that constitute or promote any of the following, as determined by the Chester County Journal:
- Explicit sexual activity (including escort services), or pornography,
- Illegal gambling activity
- Sale or ingestion of illegal drugs or any other illegal substances,
- Activities that principally promote any other commercial product or service, such as an “infomercial,” unless such promotion is expressly indicated to users in a legally sufficient way, such as through a prominent “Advertisement” disclosure approved by the Chester County Journal,
- Unauthorized multi-level marketing businesses,
- Credit repair services,
- Activities that demean, harass, intimidate, threaten or express hatred toward any societal group, whether based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status,
- Sale, distribution or unlawful use of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury, or
- Terrorist activity or organized criminal activity.
We expect you to respect other individuals, organizations, and groups that are a part of the Chester County Journal community. You may not post content through the Chester County Journal services that:
- Impersonates any person or entity, including without limitation any governmental officials or public figure; falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity; or expresses or implies that Chester County Journal endorses any statement you make without express written approval to do so,
- Promotes or encourages hate or dangerous content (as noted above),
- Defames or libels any other person,
- Invades any person’s privacy, or contains a person’s likeness without their permission,
- Harasses, threatens or seeks to intimidate any person (also noted above),
- Is fraudulent, deceptive or tortious, or
- Is protected by copyright, trademark or trade secret law, unless you have the express prior written consent of the owner of such right.
You may not upload or distribute content on Chester County Journal that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements). This includes, but is not limited to, all images, logos, videos, and text uploaded on your postings.
If you have identified an unauthorized use of your intellectual property on Chester County Journal, please follow the process in our Copyright and Trademark Policy.
Chester County Journal is not a place for pornography, or for explicit, violent and/or graphic content. This applies to all content on our site, including images, videos, and textual content. We understand that not all nudity is pornographic, and that certain graphic content may be necessary to emphasize your posted content. However, we will remove content that exposes certain parts of the body, or is intended to celebrate violence or primarily to shock the viewer. Beyond this, we may choose to remove or make certain content private to ensure a general level of safety and appropriateness for the majority of the community.
To maintain the security and integrity of the Chester County Journal Community, you may not do any of the following:
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Chester County Journal Services or the servers or networks used to make the Services available,
- Post, transmit through or release into the Chester County Journal Services a virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb, spyware, rootkit, cancelbot, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment,
- Access, or program any technology to access the Services through any robot or “bot,” crawling or scraping technology, or other extraction technology (for any purpose), or
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services, through password mining or any other means.
How to Flag and Process for Review
Our goal is to promote a safe and respectful online community. If you learn that any listing or content that violates these Community Guidelines or our Terms of Service, please contact us right away, or in the case of an event, use the Report This Content link in the event’s footer. We will review each report, and depending on the nature of the report, we may or may not follow up with you. It’s also important to remember that Chester County Journal encourages a diverse, global community; content that you find offensive or controversial may not violate our Community Guidelines, and not result in your desired action. We truly value your feedback and the opportunity to hear from our community.
Violations of our Community Guidelines
If we determine that any content violates our Community Guidelines, we may remove the part of the content or the entire posting. We also reserved the rights to take alternative action that Chester County Journal determines to be appropriate given the circumstances surrounding the content. If the abuse of our Services is serious and severe we may also suspend or terminate the associated member account. Please note that certain content, while not in violation of our current Community Guidelines, may be deemed inappropriate for the majority of our community and therefore, we may decide to flag and remove the content. If we believe there is a legitimate risk of physical harm to someone or a group of people, or direct threats to public safety, we not only take action on our site, but will also work with law enforcement, as appropriate and at our discretion. If you or someone you know is in immediate danger as a result of content posted on Chester County Journal, please first contact your local law enforcement agency. Once you’ve reported the issue to law enforcement, click here to report the issue directly to Chester County Journal.
By logging onto the community and activating your profile, you are considered to be in agreement with the above Community Guidelines and our Terms of Service.
Our Community is new and there will be many lessons learned as we grow. This will also mean from time-to-time we will need to modify and expand our Community Guidelines. We always reserve the rights to remove posting/contents we deem as inappropriate for our community.
Last Modified: April 17, 2020 at 12:45 am